Alumni Prize for Undergraduates Research in Biology - Areas of ecology, evolution, ethology or systematics
Spring 2023: 2022 -2023 Academic Year Award
The Alumni Prize for Undergraduates Research in Biology was created to support undergraduate students doing work in the areas of ecology, evolution, ethology or systematics.
The donors funding this Alumni Prize wish to remain anonymous. They are both highly esteemed members of the CSUN family who have demonstrated a lifelong devotion to Biology students. Their professional research interests are varied and broad, and include organismal and environmental biology and the behavior and ecology of amphibians and vertebrate animals and have published extensively on these topics. After years of exceptional teaching, mentoring and dedication to student success, they continued on campus in advisory and volunteer roles.
- Must be undergraduate Biology majors in the area of ecology, evolution, ethology or systematics .
- Must be engaged in original biological research as stated above or have participated in such research during the year prior to applying for the award.
- Must have a GPA greater than or equal to a 3.0.
- Must be enrolled in 6 units or more for the current Spring term.
- Must have presented and defended their research in a public forum (such as an oral or poster presentation at a student symposium or a national or regional scientific meeting) or in a paper published in or accepted for publication in a refereed scientific journal.
- Must request (2) letters of recommendation via the _my_Matador Scholarships portal.
- One letter of recommendation must be from your faculty research mentor and another from a CSUN faculty member or staff member.
- Must upload documentation of poster/platform presentations AND citation of any publications.
- If selected as the recipient, I agree to write a thank-you letter to the donor(s) and be willing to meet with the donor(s) or designee(s). Both will be coordinated by the College’s Director of Development.
Should you have any questions regarding this scholarship opportunity contact Dr. Cristian Ruiz Rueda at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Any change to your enrollment status resulting in less than required enrollment for any term within the award year will result in a cancellation of your award.
- If you are receiving financial aid (including loans), your financial aid award(s) may be adjusted if you receive a scholarship amount that exceeds your financial aid total limit. Speak to a financial aid counselor during walk-in hours to get a detailed overview about your individual situation.
- Supplemental Questions
- I am an undergraduate student who is a Biology major.
- My Biology area of concentration is ecology, evolution, ethology or systematics.
- I have been engaged in original biological research or have participated in such research during the 2022-2023 academic year.
- I am enrolled in 6 units or more for the current Spring term.
- I have have presented and defended research in a public forum (such as an oral or poster presentation at a student symposium or a national or regional scientific meeting) or in a paper published in or accepted for publication in a refereed scientific journal.
- Please request: A letter of recommendation from your faculty research mentor.
- Please request: A letter of recommendation from a CSUN faculty or staff member- who can attest to your meritorious performance and personal strengths and can assess your potential for academic and career success. The letter should include a signature, title, and contact information. The letter should be addressed to: *Award Selection Committee*.
- Please upload: Documentation of poster/platform presentations AND citation of any publications.
- Show 3 more