The Barbara Caretto SAGE Learning in Retirement Scholarship
(Current Academic Year Award) Spring 2022: The Barbara Caretto Scholarship is offered by SAGE Learning in Retirement. It is in memory of Barbara Caretto who formerly worked at CSUN and CSU Sacramento. Most of Barbara’s work at these universities was aimed at encouraging students who did not traditionally major in the STEM fields to successfully obtain a degree in one of these fields.
Please note: Any change to your enrollment status resulting in less than full time enrollment for any term within the award year will result in a cancellation of your award.
Preference will be given to Graduate Students.
Selected recipients must be available to attend the SAGE spring forum luncheon held in a San Fernando Valley location, exact date (TBA).
International students are not eligible to apply.
- Open to undergraduate and graduate students pursuing a degree in any of the STEM fields ( mathematics, physical or biological sciences, engineering, or computer science)
- Applicants must have a GPA greater than or equal to a 2.50.
- Recipients must be enrolled full-time (12 + units if an undergraduate, 6+ units if graduate with preference given to graduate students enrolled full-time) during the Fall & Spring terms of the award year.
- Scholarship to be based on financial need determined by submitted FAFSA or CADAA application for the current 2021-2022 academic year.
- One letter of recommendation must be requested through the my Matador Scholarship system.
- Must upload a copy of your student resume. A student resume is a detailed record of your personal and educational information. It includes the name of your school/college, coursework, projects (if any) undertaken, and awards. The resume may also contain additional information like your extracurricular activities, volunteer experiences, job experiences (if any), hobbies, etc.
*Award recipient may be asked to be a guest at a SAGE forum lunch in the Spring of 2022. At the present time, our plans for holding such group activities is uncertain due to the pandemic. We will provide more information as it is available.