Alumni Higher Education Program
(Current Academic Year Award) Fall 2021: The purpose of the Alumni Higher Education Program is to recognize and assist alumni who are dedicated to the university and want to continue their graduate education at CSUN. Recipients of this award will each receive $1,000.00. Award recipients will be chosen on the basis of a personal statement, a letter of recommendation, and GPA.
Award is intended for the 2021-2022 academic year.
Award Amount: $1000 for the academic year.
Applicants must have received at least one of the following:
- An undergraduate degree from CSUN and be admitted to a graduate program or
- A master’s degree from CSUN and be admitted to a doctoral program or
A teaching credential from CSUN and be admitted to a master’s program.
- Applicants must have a CSUN GPA of a 3.0 or higher in their undergraduate degree and current graduate students must have a CSUN GPA of a 3.5 or higher.
- Applicants must be enrolled in 6 units or more for the fall 2021 term.
- Applicants must request one letter of recommendation from a CSUN faculty member.
- Applicants must submit a personal statement (maximum one page, double-spaced) in which you provide a response to the prompt provided.
- Must upload a copy of all CSUN unofficial transcripts.
- Recipients must participate in CSUNposium (also known as the Annual Student Research and Creative Works Symposium) which will be held in the spring semester.
- Any CSU employee or their dependents receiving a university fee waiver are not eligible.
- Graduate students who plan on graduating at the end of the Fall 2021 term are not eligible to apply as this award will be disbursed during the Spring 2022 term.
Please note that your recommendation letter, personal statement and unofficial transcripts must be submitted through the myMatador Scholarship portal. Your recommender will receive a request to submit the recommendation letter through the system, but please follow up with them to make sure that they complete and submit your request by the opportunity deadline date.
For questions regarding this scholarship opportunity please contact the Office of Graduate Studies @ (818) 677-2138.