MSP Laura E. Settle Scholarship
Funds will be awarded for the 2022-2023 Academic Year.
It is the mission of the California Retired Teachers Association to financially assist students who will become future teachers in California.
This scholarship is open to CSUN students who have a record of exemplary character and citizenship. The selected student will be contacted by the Scholarship Chairman of the local CalRTA Division, which will make arrangements with the recipient for the presentation of the Laura E. Settle Foundation Scholarship Award Certificate. The award amounts range from $750 – $3,000.
- Open to matriculated CSUN undergraduate and graduate students.
- Undergraduate students must have a GPA of at least 3.0.
- Graduate students must have a GPA of at least 3.0.
- Must have a FAFSA or California Dream Act application on file for the upcoming academic year.
- Undergraduate students must enroll during the Fall & Spring terms of the award year.
- Graduate students must enroll during the Fall & Spring terms of the award year.
- Must complete a brief autobiography and summary.
- Two letters of recommendation must be requested through the my Matador Scholarship system.
*One letter must be from a CSUN professor
*One must be from a teacher with whom you have worked with in the classroom.
Applicants are NOT required to enroll full-time. However, applicants can enroll in up to 12 units or more during each award term – Fall & Spring terms of the upcoming academic year.
Qualifying applicants must be either current undergraduate students in senior standing planning to go into a credential program for the upcoming academic year or currently in a credential program that will run through the upcoming academic year.