NSP University Scholarship
The University Scholarship is one of three programs under the Northridge Scholarship Program. The University Scholarship award encourages the scholarly development and engagement of continuing CSUN students. Scholarship recipients must be full-time undergraduates during their award year.
University Scholars are funded to allow for the opportunity to deeply explore their fields of interest through internships, extracurricular activities, community engagement, etc., and develop mentoring relationships with faculty members. Ideally, University Scholars will use the year awarded to prepare for the Presidential Scholarship competition.
The University Scholars award includes a renewable $7,500 scholarship, a textbook discount at the Matador Bookstore, and priority registration for classes.
Applicants will be evaluated primarily on the quality of their essay responses. The essays must highlight personal strengths, such as motivation, creativity, self-confidence, maturity, concern for others and awareness of current issues. Letters of recommendation that highlight classroom experience and extracurricular activities will be given the greatest weight.
In addition to the scholarship application materials, there are two pre-application requirements that must be completed. Applicants must review the online pre-application information and complete the required survey to confirm understanding of application requirements. For more information regarding the University Scholarship, follow this link:
- Must complete a mandatory online pre-application information survey
- Must have completed/or on track to complete at least 24 CSUN units by the end of the Spring 2022 term to apply
- Minimum 3.25 cumulative GPA required to apply and maintain the award
- Must be an undergraduate student enrolled full-time during the award year (Fall 2022 and Spring 2023 terms)
- Must participate in scholarly development/engagement activities during the award year (minimum 3 activities per term)
- Renewal students must attend the Presidential Scholar End of Year Exhibit (TBD)
If selected, GPA, unit completion, full-time enrollment status, and graduation term will be verified prior to the release of the award.