CSU Wilson C. Riles Educational Scholarship
Working his way though public instruction, Wilson C. Riles began his career in 1940 as a teacher and administrator in Arizona public schools and later became the first elected African American state superintendent of schools in the United States.
The scholarship program was established in 2003 to recognize Superintendent Riles’ deep commitment to education though support of students enrolled in California State University teacher credential programs. Preference will be given to first generation college students.
- Must be currently enrolled in a teaching credential program.
- Graduate students must enroll in 6 units or more during the Fall 2020 & Spring 2021 terms.
- Must have a GPA greater than or equal to a 3.0.
- Must request one letter of recommendation via the _my_Matador Scholarships portal.
- Submit an Unofficial Transcript.
- Upload a Student Resume/CV.
- Submit a Personal Statement.
*Selected recipients will be required to complete and submit a thank you letter prior to receiving the award.
The CSU Systemwide Scholarship Applicant Information Form can be found via the following link: https://www.csun.edu/financialaid/csu-foundation. Complete the fillable PDF, save your information, and upload a copy of your completed form to this application.
For more information on this and other CSU Systemwide scholarships, please visit https://www.csun.edu/financialaid/csu-foundation