CSU Trustees' Award for Outstanding Achievement
The William Randolph Hearst Foundation established an endowed scholarship fund in 1984 to honor William Randolph Hearst founder of the Hearst newspaper chain. In 1999 the William Randolph Hearst Foundation partnered with the CSU Board of Trustees to create the CSU Trustees’ Award for Outstanding Achievement. Contributions from CSU Trustees and private donors increase the value and number of available awards. The awards recognize students who have overcome adversity, demonstrated financial need and have attributes of merit including superior academic performance significant personal achievements and exemplary community service. The recipient who receives the highest score by the selection committee is designated the Trustee Emeritus Ali C. Razi Scholar and will receive a $15,000 scholarship. Also distributed will be the Galinson Scholarship ($8000), the Hampton Scholarship ($9000), and the Reed Scholarship ($7500).
- Must demonstrate superior academic performance with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale and be in good academic standing.
- Must demonstrate financial need as determined by a completed FAFSA or California Dream Act application.
- Must be currently enrolled as a full-time equivalent undergraduate (12 units) or graduate (8 units) student in any major field at CSUN and remain a CSUN full-time equivalent student during the upcoming academic year.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation must be requested through the my Matador Scholarship system. Recommenders will submit their letters through this system.
- Undergraduate students must enroll in 12 units or more during the Fall & Spring terms of the award year.
- Graduate students must enroll in 8 units or more during the Fall & Spring terms of the award year.
- All students must submit a CSU Systemwide Scholarship Applicant Information Form via the my Matador Scholarships portal.
Please note: Any change to your enrollment status resulting in less than full time enrollment for any term within the award year will result in a cancellation of your award.
The CSU Systemwide Scholarship Applicant Information Form can be found via the following link: https://www.csun.edu/financialaid/csu-foundation. Complete the fillable PDF, save your information, and upload a copy of your completed form to this application.
For more information on this and other CSU Systemwide scholarships, please visit https://www.csun.edu/financialaid/csu-foundation