NSP Presidential Scholarship
This prestigious scholarship award affords CSUN undergraduate students the opportunity to work with faculty mentors on significant projects. Students applying for this scholarship must attend a pre-application work shop. For more information regarding the Presidential Scholarship and online workshops please click here
Please review the University and Presidential Scholarship information and then click on “Information Workshop Survey” to complete and submit the required workshop.
- Open to undergraduate students, must be enrolled full-time during Fall 2020 & Spring 2021
- Continuing CSUN students must have completed at least 60 cumulative units by the end of Spring 2020. If over 96 units have been completed, an explanation of the circumstances will be required.
- Transfer students must complete at least 24 CSUN units to apply
- Minimum 3.5 GPA required
- Must attend a mandatory Online pre-application workshop.
- Award is for the 2020-2021 academic year. Proposed project should be complete over the 2020-2021 academic year.
- Must attend the free Advancement to Graduate Education (AGE) Conference in the Fall 2020 term (or similar event hosted by the Graduate Studies Department).
- Must present your project or research at CSUNPosium, or at a similar professional conference, in the Spring 2021 term.
- NSP Presidential Scholarship, NSP University Scholarship
- Supplemental Questions
- I have completed the required online workshop: Located at https://www.csun.edu/financialaid/northridge-scholarship-program-application-workshop
- Will you have completed at least 24 units at CSUN by the end of Spring 2020?
- Do you plan to enroll full-time during the Fall 2020 - Spring 2021 academic year?
- Describe your proposed project for this award. Your project must be of size and scope to complete within one year. You should include the following in your description: 1) The purpose and significance of your project 2) How will this project benefit your professional development and others in the university and community 3) What methods you are going to use to accomplish your goals 4) How will evaluate the completion and success of reaching your goal.
- Describe your relevant experience (academic and extracurricular), and how it demonstrates your ability to complete this project. Briefly explain the role of your mentor in your project.
- If you will have over 96 units by the end of the Spring 2020 semester please respond to the following questions. Describe why you have over 96 units and confirm that you will be enrolled full-time at CSUN during the 2020-2021 academic year.
- Degree Progress Report (DPR)
- Academic Plan for Graduation
- Gantt Chart
- Faculty Mentor Statement
- Show 5 more