MSP Laura E. Settle Scholarship
(Current Year Opportunity) It is the mission of the California Retired Teachers Association to financially assist students who will become future teachers in California. Applicants must have a record of exemplary character and citizenship. The selected student will be contacted by the Scholarship Chairman of the local CalRTA Division, which will make arrangements with the recipient for the presentation of the Laura E. Settle Foundation Scholarship Award Certificate. The award amounts range from $750 – $3,000.
- Applicants must have a completed FAFSA or California Dream Act Application on file.
- Two scholarship specific letters of recommendation must be submitted: one from a CSUN professor, and a second from a teacher with
whom you have worked with in the classroom.
- Must complete a brief autobiography and summary.
- Undergraduate GPA must be greater than or equal to 3.0
- Graduate GPA must be greater than or equal to 3.0
- Applicants are NOT required to enroll full-time. However, applicants must be enrolled at CSUN during the Fall 2019 and Spring 2020 terms.
- Qualifying applicants must be either current undergraduate students in senior standing planning to go into a credential program for the 19-20 academic year or currently in a credential program that will run through 19-20 terms.
- Supplemental Questions
- I have completed and submitted a FAFSA or California Dream Act Application for the 2019-2020 academic year.
- I am a U.S. citizen and resident of the State of California.
- I have worked with an instructor or a teacher in a classroom setting.
- I am currently an undergraduate student in senior standing planning to go into a credential program for the 19-20 academic year or I am currently in a credential program that will run through the 19-20 terms.
- I am pursuing a degree within the Michael D. Eisner College of Education or I am pursuing a degree within the Liberal Studies Program.
- Why do you want to be a teacher? If there was a specific defining moment in which your desire to be an educator was affirmed, please elaborate on that experience.
- Please upload: A brief autobiography and summary of how the scholarship will help you achieve your goal of certification. At the top of your document write your name and Student ID#. Under your Student ID# write: Autobiography
- Please upload: A letter of recommendation from a CSUN professor. If you are selected, we will ask you to submit the original letter to our office. For the purposes of this application, we simply request a scanned copy of your letter.
- Please upload: A letter of recommendation from a teacher with whom you have worked in the classroom. If you are selected, we will ask you to submit the original letter to our office. For the purposes of this application, we simply request a scanned copy of your letter.
- Show 4 more