Domestic Non-Resident Program
Award is intended for the 2023-2024 academic year.
The Domestic Non-Resident Program will be awarded to domestic non-resident students who are dedicated to the university and want to pursue their graduate education at CSUN. Award recipients will be chosen on the basis of a personal statement, a letter of recommendation, and incoming applicants must have a GPA of a 3.0 or higher in their undergraduate degree, and current graduate students must have a CSUN GPA of a 3.5 or higher. International, credential only or certificate graduate students are not eligible.
Award Amount: $1000 for the academic year.
- Applicants must be enrolled in a master’s or doctorate degree program.
- Applicants may not be a resident of California.
- Incoming applicants must have a GPA of a 3.0 or higher in their undergraduate degree and current graduate students must have a CSUN GPA of a 3.5 or higher.
- Applicants must have enrolled in 6 units or more for the current Fall 2023 term.
- Applicants must have a FAFSA on file for the current academic year.
- Applicants must request one letter of recommendation from a faculty member (doesn’t have to be from CSUN) or employer (no personal letters).
- Applicants must submit a personal statement (maximum one page, double-spaced) in which you provide a response to a provided prompt.
- Applicants must submit a copy of their unofficial transcripts.
- Recipients must participate in CSUNposium which will be held in the spring semester.
- Applicants who have previously received this award.
- Applicants enrolled in a credential program or certificate program.
- Graduate students who plan on graduating at the end of the Fall 2023 term are not eligible to apply as this award will be disbursed during the Spring 2024 term.
- Any CSU employee or their dependents receiving a university fee waiver are not eligible (does not apply to TAs, GAs, ISAs, or student assistants).
Please note that your recommendation letter, personal statement and unofficial transcripts must be submitted through the myMatador Scholarship system. Your recommender will receive a request to submit the recommendation letter through the system, but please follow up with them to make sure that they submit by the due date.
For questions regarding this scholarship opportunity please contact the Office of Graduate Studies @ (818) 677-2138.