Associated Students International Matador Scholarship*
2023-2024 Academic Year Award
The Associated Students is the primary advocate for students at California State University, Northridge and provides excellent, meaningful programs and services designed to create and enhance a spirited, learning-focused campus environment.
The Associated Students International Matador Scholarship will be awarded to 5 continuing international students at CSUN. The amount of each award will be $3,000.00 per student. The scholarship is not renewable. Scholarship recipients will be chosen on the basis of academic ability, financial need, and willingness to promote international student involvement at CSUN.
- Applicants who have previously received this scholarship will not be considered.
- Government sponsored students are not eligible to apply.
- Open to continuing international CSUN students.
- Undergraduate applicants must have a minimum CSUN GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Graduate applicants must have a minimum GPA of 3.5 or higher.
- Applicants must be enrolled in a full course of study at CSUN (12 units for undergraduates; 8 units for graduates) for each term of the upcoming academic year.
* Any change to your enrollment status resulting in less than full time enrollment for any term within the award year will result in a cancellation of your award.
- Scholarship will be awarded upon verification of full-time enrollment at CSUN.
- Applicants & recipients must have F-1 student status.
- Open to continuing matriculated F-1 students enrolled in a bachelor’s, master’s or Doctorate program.
- One letter of recommendation must be requested through the my Matador Scholarship system. Recommender will submit their letters through this system.
- Must upload a copy of your student resume. A student resume is a detailed record of your personal and educational information. It includes the name of your school/college, coursework, projects (if any) undertaken, and awards. The resume may also contain additional information like your extracurricular activities, volunteer experiences, job experiences (if any), hobbies, etc.
The International and Exchange Student Center now has a dedicated page to display scholarships available to international students. Please click on the following link for additional scholarship resources: https://www.csun.edu/international/scholarship-opportunities-international-students
- Associated Students, International Students
- Supplemental Questions
- I am a student with a current F-1 visa.
- I am a continuing matriculated F-1 student enrolled in a bachelor's, master's or Doctorate program.
- Are you a government sponsored student?
- Have you previously received the Associated Students Dianne F. Harrison Award?
- I am an undergraduate student who will enroll in 12 units or more for the upcoming Fall & Spring terms.
- I am a graduate student who will enroll in 8 units or more for the upcoming Fall & Spring terms.
- Please write an essay response that addresses the following questions: a. Academic Achievements: Please list your outstanding academic achievements (i.e. awards, honors, scholarships, competitions, special recognitions, etc. received within the past 5 years). b. Please Describe Your Future Educational & Career Goals: How did you decide on your major field of study? Why is this field important to you? What will you do with your CSUN degree? How will your studies at CSUN help with your future career plans? c. Financial Need. Please be specific. Why do you need financial assistance? If you are awarded a scholarship, how will you use the money? Are you currently receiving any other types of financial assistance (scholarships, loans, grants, etc.)? If yes, please describe the type and amount. d. Student involvement: Please elaborate on any involvement activities, on or off-campus that included assisting students or the community in general. Also, how will you promote international student involvement at CSUN? Please be specific and detailed when responding to each question.
- Please request: A letter of recommendation from a professor or counselor who can comment on your ability to succeed at CSUN.
- Please upload: A copy of your student resume/CV. A student resume is a detailed record of your personal and educational information. It includes the name of your school/college, coursework, projects (if any) undertaken, and awards. The resume may also contain additional information like your extracurricular activities, volunteer experiences, job experiences (if any), hobbies, etc.
- Show 4 more