MSP Sheila Dave and Sherry Gold Foundation Scholarship
Funds will be awarded for the 2022-2023 Academic Year.
The Sheila Dave and Sherry Gold Foundation Scholarship, a California charitable trust has established a scholarship for full-lime, middle-income, first-time freshmen or first-time transfer students attending CSUN in a degree program. The scholarship may be renewed for up to an additional 3 years. The maximum scholarship is $7,000 per year. This scholarship was established in memory of Sheila Gold- daughter of Sherry & David Gold. As part of the application process, you will be required to submit a letter from your employer indicating where you are employed and the number of hours you work per week. If selected, this will be a requirement every semester you receive the award. If you do not yet have a job or are separated from your job, you will be required to find a employment within 30 days and submit an employment verification letter.
Please note: Any change to your eligibility status in any term within the award year will result in a cancellation of your award.
- Must be an incoming first-time freshmen or new transfer student.
- Must have and maintain a GPA of at least 2.0.
- Must enroll full-time (12 units or more) during the Fall & Spring terms of the award year.
- Must have a FAFSA application on file for the upcoming academic year and a demonstrated Financial Need.
- Must have a gross family income between $80,000 – $180,000.
- Must work at least 9.99 hours per week or plan to work at least 9.99 hours per week during the academic year at an employment that results in the issuance of a W-2 form or its equivalent.
- Must have one letter of recommendation from a high school teacher, professor, employer, or volunteer/community service supervisor submitted through the myMatador Scholarship portal.
- Must upload a copy of your student resume. A student resume is a detailed record of your personal and educational information. It includes the name of your school/college, coursework, projects (if any) undertaken, and awards. The resume may also contain additional information like your extracurricular activities, volunteer experiences, job experiences (if any), hobbies, etc.
- Recipient must write a gratitude letter.
- Scholarship may be renewed if eligibility requirements are maintained.