MSP Sibyl M. Koontz Memorial - Women's Club of Bakersfield Scholarship Endowment
Funds will be awarded for the 2022-2023 Academic Year.
The Sibyl M. Koontz Memorial – Women’s Club of Bakersfield Scholarship Endowment was established in memory of Sibyl M. Koontz by her husband. Sibyl passed away in 1986 leaving a legacy of respect for education and students’ success.
This scholarship is open to CSUN graduate students preparing to teach hearing-impaired students.
Please note: Any change to your enrollment status resulting in less than required enrollment for any term within the award year will result in a cancellation of your award.
- Open to CSUN graduate students preparing to teach hearing-impaired students.
- Must have a FAFSA or California Dream Act application on file for the upcoming academic year.
- Graduate students must have a GPA of at least a 3.5.
- Graduate students must enroll in a minimum of 6 units (8 units preferred) or more during the Fall & Spring terms of the award year.
- Applicants must be residents of Bakersfield or Kern County.
- One letter of recommendation must be requested through the my Matador Scholarship system.
- Must upload a copy of your student resume. A student resume is a detailed record of your personal and educational information. It includes the name of your school/college, coursework, projects (if any) undertaken, and awards. The resume may also contain additional information like your extracurricular activities, volunteer experiences, job experiences (if any), hobbies, etc.