College of Engineering and Computer Science (CECS) New Freshman Scholarship
The College of Engineering and Computer Science New Freshman Scholarship offers opportunities to CSUN Incoming Undergraduate students who apply for one of the following CECS majors:
- Computer Science
- Computer Information Technology
- Civil Engineering
- Construction Management
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Engineering Management Technology
- Manufacturing Systems Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
This scholarship is highly competitive and selected recipients will receive funding to complete their degree requirements within four years. Recipients should demonstrate their academic excellence and leadership in conducting applied research, working on innovative projects, and making contributions to the CSUN community. To be eligible for this award, students must be admitted to a declared CECS major, meet the following eligibility requirements, and complete a scholarship application via the myMatador Scholarship portal.
- Any first semester, domestic (citizen, permanent resident, or AB540) matriculated freshman admitted to CSUN.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.50 on a 4.0 scale upon admission.
- Must declare and remain in a major of the College of Engineering and Computer Science.
- Applicants must be enrolled in and complete a full-time CSUN class schedule (minimum 30 or more credit units/academic year.)
- Students must submit an essay that highlights leadership experiences, successes, and learning.
- Two letters of recommendation shall be requested with the scholarship application submission.
Award: $7,000 per year with a total of $28,0000 for four years, if eligibility requirements are met.
This is an academic year award. This award may be renewed for three additional academic years, totaling four academic years of scholarship funding. The renewal is contingent upon the recipient’s ability to maintain eligibility requirements.
Should you have questions regarding this scholarship opportunity, please contact the CECS Associate Dean’s Office at email@example.com or (818) 677- 2183.