MSP Reseda Women's Club Community Scholarship Endowment
Funds will be awarded for the 2021-2022 Academic Year.
The Reseda Women’s Club was founded in 1918 and joined the California Federation of Women’s Clubs in 1922. The ladies found an unused 80-by-80-foot building on a poultry farm and had it cut in half and transported to Reseda. It was the beginning of a real estate investment that is still paying dividends in the community. The sale of the club’s building allowed the Reseda Woman’s Club to arrange two $50,000 donations to endow scholarships: one to the Foundation for Pierce College for students of “hands-on” agriculture and veterinary science, and one to the University for its National Center on Deafness. The club also sponsors high school robotics students. This gift perpetuates the Club’s mission to give back and enhance the Reseda Community.
This scholarship is open to graduates of Reseda High School and Cleveland High School.
Preference will be given to Freshman applicants.
Please note: Any change to your enrollment status resulting in less than full time enrollment for any term within the award year will result in a cancellation of your award.
- Open to matriculated CSUN undergraduate students.
- Undergraduate students must have a GPA of at least 2.5.
*Incoming Freshman must have a High School GPA greater than or equal to a 2.5.
*Continuing students must have a CSUN GPA greater than or equal to a 2.5.
- Must have a FAFSA or California Dream Act application on file for the upcoming academic year.
- Undergraduate students must enroll in 12 units or more during the Fall & Spring terms of the award year.
- Must demonstrate exceptional leadership and community service.
- One letter of recommendation must be requested via the _my_Matadors Scholarship portal.
*Letter must be submitted by a teacher, professor, counselor, or community leader, who can attest to the candidate’s leadership
ability and advocacy work.
- Must upload a copy of your student resume. A student resume is a detailed record of your personal and educational information. It includes the name of your school/college, coursework, projects (if any) undertaken, and awards. The resume may also contain additional information like your extracurricular activities, volunteer experiences, job experiences (if any), hobbies, etc.