MSP CSUN Dreamers Scholarship
(2020-2021 Academic Year Opportunity) At California State University, Northridge we are dedicated to helping students have equal access to higher education by providing resources. The CSUN Dreamers Scholarship offers financial support for undergraduate students not eligible for the full range of federal financial aid typically available to students.
- Scholarships of $2,500 for the academic year to students enrolled in 12 units or more. Eligible students may apply for this award up to four years.
- Scholarships of $1,250 for the academic year to students enrolled in less than 12 units. Eligible students may apply for this award up to four years. Must be enrolled at least half-time.
- Scholarships of $12,500 for the academic year for students residing in Student Housing. Full-time students may receive this award one time only.
- Student must have an approved California Nonresident Tuition Exemption Request (AB 540 Affidavit) on file with the University. For information on this process, go to https://www.csun.edu/admissions-records/residency-csu-tuition
- Student must have a completed Dream Act Application on file for the award year being applied for. The application to apply is located at https://www.csac.ca.gov/post/resources-california-dream-act-application
- Must be a matriculated undergraduate student in an eligible program
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5
- Must be enrolled in at least 6 units for half-time award
- Must be enrolled in at least 12 units for the full-time and Student Housing awards
How to Apply
- Complete the confidential online scholarship application on myMatadorScholarships: csun.edu/scholarships
First-time freshman undergraduate students entering their first semester are highly encouraged to apply!
- $1,250 -$12,500
- Supplemental Questions
- I have an approved California Nonresident Tuition Exemption Request (AB 540 Affidavit) on file with the University.
- I have a California Dream Act application on file for the current academic year.
- Essay 1: Describe your academic and career goals and how you plan to achieve them.
- Essay 2: Describe how winning this scholarship will help you achieve these goals.
- Essay 3: Discuss how your cultural background, family, high school experiences and/or immigration status have influenced your desire to pursue a college education.
- Are you living in University Student Housing for the Fall 2020 & Spring 2021 terms?
- CSUN Dreamers Housing Award Supplemental Questions
- Have you previously received the CSUN Dreamers Housing Award?
- If so, what academic year did you receive the CSUN Dreamers Housing Award?
- Did you received the CSUN Dreamers Scholarship in the 19-20 academic year?
- Please upload: A copy of your student resume/CV. A student resume is a detailed record of your personal and educational information. It includes the name of your school/college, coursework, projects (if any) undertaken, and awards. The resume may also contain additional information like your extracurricular activities, volunteer experiences, job experiences (if any), hobbies, etc.
- Show 4 more