MSP Mike Mahony Marine Corps Veterans Scholarship
Mike Mahony was a former member of the U.S. Marine Corps and a California State University, Northridge alumnus. He passed away in October 2010. Mike’s widow, Jan Mahony, her family and friends decided to honor his memory and legacy by establishing the Mike Mahony Marine Corps Veteran’s Scholarship. This scholarship is reserved for an active-duty veteran of the United States Marines who, in addition to outstanding service to his or her country, has demonstrated academic aptitude and/or scholarly activity, service to the community or other personal achievements that emulate the consequential life of Mike Mahony.
For more information about Mike Mahony, go to: www.forty-sixers.com/Biographies/Mahony/Mike%20Mahony.htm
Please note: Any change to your enrollment status resulting in less than full time enrollment for any term within the award year will result in a cancellation of your award.
- Undergraduate students must enroll in 12 units or more during the Fall & Spring terms of the award year.
- Graduate students must enroll in 6 units or more during the Fall & Spring terms of the award year.
- Must have a GPA greater than or equal to a 2.0.
- Must have a complete a FAFSA or California Dream Act Application on file for the upcoming academic year.
- Must upload a copy of your Certificate of Release or Discharge From Active Duty (DD-214).
- Must upload a letter of recommendation from a work-based relationship or military source.
- Must upload a letter of recommendation from an Academic or Military (teacher, coach, superior officer).
- Must be a student veteran of the United States Marine Corps
- Must upload a copy of your student resume. A student resume is a detailed record of your personal and educational information. It includes the name of your school/college, coursework, projects (if any) undertaken, and awards. The resume may also contain additional information like your extracurricular activities, volunteer experiences, job experiences (if any), hobbies, etc.