Associated Students Eric Hoggat Memorial Scholarship
The Associated Students is the primary advocate for students at California State University, Northridge and provides excellent, meaningful programs and services designed to create and enhance a spirited, learning-focused campus environment.
The Associated Students at California State University, Northridge established the Eric Hoggat Memorial Scholarship to honor Eric Hoggat, a Reseda High School student who passed away in his sleep after a hard game of his favorite sport, football. Eric, a senior, played Varsity football, basketball, and track all while maintaining a B+ average. In his honor, the Eric Hoggat Memorial Scholarship will recognize a student who graduated from a high school in the Los Angeles Unified School District and participated in a team sport while there.
This scholarship is open to continuing CSUN students.
Please note: Any change to your enrollment status resulting in less than full time enrollment for any term within the award year will result in a cancellation of your award.
*Must have graduated from a high school within the Los Angeles Unified School District.
- Undergraduate students must have a GPA of at least 3.0.
- Graduate students must have a GPA of at least 3.5.
- Must have a FAFSA or California Dream Act application on file for the upcoming academic year.
- Undergraduate students must enroll in 12 units or more during each award term – Fall & Spring terms of the upcoming academic year.
- Graduate students must enroll in 6 units or more during each award term – Fall & Spring terms of the upcoming academic year.
- Two letters of recommendation must be requested through the my Matador Scholarship system. Recommenders will submit their letters through this system.
- Must upload a copy of your student resume. A student resume is a detailed record of your personal and educational information. It includes the name of your school/college, coursework, projects (if any) undertaken, and awards. The resume may also contain additional information like your extracurricular activities, volunteer experiences, job experiences (if any), hobbies, etc."