California Retired Teachers Association- San Fernando Valley Division
This scholarship is reserved for students who have been admitted into the teacher credential program. The student(s) selected must attend the Division Meeting for the California Retired Teachers Association San Fernando Valley Division.
If selected for this award, students must attend the mandatory CalRTA lunch-meeting to be held on Friday, June 12th 2020 @ 10:00 a.m.
- Two letters of recommendation must be requested and submitted via the my Matadors Scholarships portal.
- Credential students must be enrolled at CSUN during the Fall 2020 & Spring 2021 terms.
- Must have a FAFSA or California Dream Act Application on file for the upcoming academic year.
- Must be enrolled in a Teacher Credential program.
- Must submit an educational resume.
- Supplemental Questions
- My career objective is to become a teacher.
- I am enrolled or will be enrolled in a teaching credential K-12 program for the upcoming academic year.
- If selected, I will attend the CalRTA lunch-meeting
- Why do you want to be a K-12 teacher? What are your goals and aspirations? If there was a specific defining moment in which your desire to be an educator was affirmed, please elaborate on that experience.
- Please let us know of your volunteer history over the past (3) years.
- List any awards or recognitions you have received. State the name of the award/recognition, the organization that provided the award, and the date you received the award.
- Provide a list of Community Service or Volunteer Activities you have participated in especially with regards to activities working with children.
- Please request: A letter of recommendation from a CSUN faculty or staff member- who can attest to your meritorious performance and personal strengths and can assess your potential for academic and career success. The letter should include a signature, title, and contact information. The letter should be addressed to: *Award Selection Committee*.
- [MSP 2] Please request: A letter of recommendation from a teacher, professor, counselor, or community leader - who can attest to your meritorious performance and personal strengths and can assess your potential for academic and career success. The letter should include a signature, title, and contact information. The letter should be addressed to: *Award Selection Committee*.
- Please upload: A copy of your student resume. A student resume is a detailed record of your personal and educational information. It includes the name of your school/college, coursework, projects (if any) undertaken, and awards. The resume may also contain additional information like your extracurricular activities, volunteer experiences, job experiences (if any), hobbies, etc.
- Show 5 more