Gilbert and Jackie Cisneros Foundation Scholarship in Science and Mathematics
2023-2024 Academic Year Award
Scholarship funds will be applied in the fall 2023 semester, provided that the student maintains full-time enrollment for that fall semester.
The Gilbert and Jackie Cisneros Foundation Scholarship in Science and Mathematics was created to support a full-time first-time freshman in good standing enrolled in the College of Science and Mathematics.
The award is named after Gilbert and Jacki Cisneros in recognition of their long-standing commitment to supporting undergraduate education in Hispanic-Serving Institutions.
- Must be enrolled in a degree program in the College of Science and Mathematics.
- Must be a current CSUN full-time first-time freshman enrolled in (12 units or more) in good standing enrolled for the Spring 2023 term.
- Recipient must enroll in 12 units or more as a CSUN student for the Fall 2023 term in order to receive the award.
- Must have a cumulative GPA greater than or equal to a 3.0.
- Must request (2) letters of recommendation via the my Matador Scholarships Portal.
- Must have a current FAFSA or California Dream Act Application on file.
- Must upload a copy of unofficial CSUN transcripts.
Preference will be given to students who come from disadvantaged economic and/or educational backgrounds.
If selected as the scholarship recipient, I agree to write a thank-you letter to the donor(s) and be willing to meet with the donor(s) or designee(s).
Should you have questions regarding the scholarship opportunity, please contact Sonia Martinez at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: If you are receiving financial aid (including loans), your financial aid award may be adjusted if you receive this scholarship. Please speak to a financial aid counselor during walk-in hours to get a detailed overview about your individual situation.
- First-Time Freshman
- Supplemental Questions
- I am a current first-time freshman student enrolled in a degree program in the College of Science and Math.
- I am a first-time freshmen student in good standing enrolled for the Spring 2023 term.
- I have completed and submitted a FAFSA or California Dream Act Application for the upcoming academic year.
- Please upload: A copy of your unofficial CSUN transcripts
- Please request: A letter of recommendation from a CSUN faculty member.
- Request: A letter of recommendation from a community member (staff member, professor, mentor, counselor, or community leader).
- Show 1 more