Lieberman Family Foundation Biology Scholarship for Outstanding Undergraduates
Spring 2023: 2022-2023 Academic Year Award
The Lieberman Family Foundation Biology Scholarship for Outstanding Undergraduates was created to support undergraduate students majoring in biology.
Myron Lieberman graduated from CSUN in 1963 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Biology and continued by earning his Master of Science degree in Health Science in 1968. He began his real estate career when he founded MHE Real Estate, a company that acquires. rehabilitates and manages commercial and residential communities. MHE Real Estate built and manages the Woodcrest Schools, a chain of private preschools in Southern California and Southern Nevada. By 1978 Mr. Lieberman had constructed more than 40 custom homes, numerous industrial buildings and strip malls. His portfolio also includes managing 500 apartment units. Entering the student-housing industry in late 2006, Mr. Lieberman established MHE/Select Student Housing and purchased property adjacent to the University of Southern California. The company expanded its reach to include acquiring and managing additional student-housing projects located near four-year universities primarily along the West Coast. Mr. Lieberman also holds a Juris Doctor degree and works with the California Bar Association’s Dispute Resolution Center to mediate lawsuits. He is married to Arlene Wexler Lieberman and they have two children.
- Must enroll in 6 units or more for the current Spring term.
- Must be high-achieving undergraduate Biology majors.
- GPA must be greater than or equal to 3.5
- Must have a FAFSA or California Dream Act application on file for the current academic year.
- Must request (2) letters of recommendation via the my Matador Scholarships portal
- letters of recommendation: One letter should be from a CSUN faculty/staff member.
- One award will be issued for the spring 2023 term.
- If selected as the recipient, I agree to write a thank-you letter to the donor(s) and be willing to meet with the donor(s) or designee(s). Both will be coordinated by the College’s Director of Development.
Should you have any questions regarding this scholarship opportunity contact Dr. Cristian Ruiz Rueda at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are receiving financial aid (including loans), your financial aid award(s) may be adjusted if you receive a scholarship amount that exceeds your financial aid total limit. Speak to a financial aid counselor during walk-in hours to get a detailed overview about your individual situation.
- Any change to your enrollment status resulting in less than required enrollment for any term within the award year will result in a cancellation of your award.
- Supplemental Questions
- I am an undergraduate student who is a Biology major.
- I demonstrate financial need and have a current FAFSA or California Dream Act application on file.
- Please request: A letter of recommendation must be from a CSUN faculty or staff member.
- Please request: A letter of recommendation.
- If selected as the recipient, I agree to write a thank-you letter to the donor(s) and will be willing to meet with the donor(s) or designee(s).