MSP Crankstart Transfer Scholars Scholarship Program
Funds will be awarded for the 2022-2023 Academic Year.
The goal of the Crankstart Transfer Scholarship Program is to support California Community College Transfer Students who enroll or are currently enrolled at California State University, Northridge. Transfer students must have transferred within the last four years and must be currently at the undergraduate level pursuing their first baccalaureate degree.
New transfer students should have a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA.
Current CSUN students should have a minimum 2.8 CSUN GPA.
Preference will be given to newly matriculating students.
THIS SCHOLARSHIP CAN ONLY BE USED EXCLUSIVELY TO COVER TUITION AND FEES.
Please note: Any change to your enrollment status resulting in less than part time enrollment for any term within the award year will result in a cancellation of your award.
- Open to qualifying matriculated CSUN undergraduate students.
- Must have a FAFSA or California Dream Act application on file for the upcoming academic year.
- Undergraduate continuing students must have a CSUN GPA of at least 2.8.
- Incoming transfer students must have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0.
- Undergraduate students must enroll in 6 units or more during the Fall & Spring terms of the award year.
- Must have transferred from a California Community College within the last four (4) years.
- Must be at the undergraduate level and pursuing their first baccalaureate degree.
- Show academic promise and a commitment to obtaining an undergraduate degree at CSUN.
- One letter of recommendation must be requested through the my Matador Scholarship system.
- Must upload a copy of your student resume. A student resume is a detailed record of your personal and educational information. It includes the name of your school/college, coursework, projects (if any) undertaken, and awards. The resume may also contain additional information like your extracurricular activities, volunteer experiences, job experiences (if any), hobbies, etc.
Please note: If you are receiving financial aid (including loans), your financial aid award may be adjusted if you receive this scholarship. Please speak to a financial aid counselor during walk-in hours to get a detailed explanation about your individual situation.