DRES Jane Small Scholarship for Advocates for People with Disabilities
(Current Academic Year Opportunity) Spring 2022: This scholarship is awarded in memory of Jane Small (1930-1999), a regionally and nationally recognized advocate for people with disabilities. Created by her son and daughter-in-law, Jack Goetz and Jennifer Kalfsbeek-Goetz, this scholarship is intended to support CSUN students who have demonstrated a commitment to improving the lives of people with disabilities.
Qualified applicants will be screened base on demonstrated financial need and meeting the minimal academic standards. The preferred candidate will have demonstrated a commitment – through volunteer, work or advocacy activities – for the betterment of people with disabilities. Preference will be given to those involved in advocacy projects that support the employability or vocational opportunities for people with disabilities.
The following information is required for consideration:
- Two letters of recommendation are required by the submission deadline.
- Undergraduate students must be enrolled in 6 units or more during the Fall & Spring terms.
- Graduate students must be enrolled in 4 units or more during the Fall & Spring terms.
- Incoming freshmen must have a high school GPA of 3.50 or higher.
- Continuing undergraduate students must have a CSUN GPA of 3.00 or higher through the Fall term.
- Graduate students must have a GRAD CSUN GPA of 3.00 or higher through the Fall term.
- All majors are welcome to apply.
- Awardees must be available to attend the Recognition Awards Ceremony date to be announced.
Must be enrolled at CSUN for Fall and Spring semesters for the current academic year. Tseng College students and students enrolled in accelerated programs are eligible to apply.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions regarding this scholarship opportunity.