MSP Jamie Karl Cohen Memorial Endowment
Funds will be awarded for the 2022-2023 Academic Year.
The Jamie Karl Cohen Memorial Endowment was established by Jamie’s close friend to assists students in financing their education. Jamie graduated from CSUN in 1977. The Scholarship was created keeping in mind the concern that a university education is far more expensive now than it was then.
This scholarship is open to CSUN students who are pursuing a degree through the College of Social and Behavioral Sciences, College of Arts, Media & Communication, or College of Humanities, AND who wish to become a teacher.
Please note: Any change to your enrollment status resulting in less than full time enrollment for any term within the award year will result in a cancellation of your award.
- Open to matriculated CSUN undergraduate and graduate students.
- Undergraduates must have a GPA of at least 3.0.
- Graduate students must have a GPA of at least 3.5
- Have a FAFSA or California Dream Act Application (CADAA) on file for the upcoming academic year.
- Undergraduate students must enroll in 12 units or more during the Fall & Spring terms of the award year.
- Graduate students must enroll in a minimum of 6 units (8 units preferred) or more during the Fall & Spring terms of the award year.
- One letter of recommendation will be submitted on my behalf via the my Matador Scholarship system.
- Must upload a copy of your student resume. A student resume is a detailed record of your personal and educational information. It includes the name of your school/college, coursework, projects (if any) undertaken, and awards. The resume may also contain additional information like your extracurricular activities, volunteer experiences, job experiences (if any), hobbies, etc.tc.