MSP Gertude White Sievert Scholarship Fund
This Gertude White Sievert Scholarship Fund was established to award an undergraduate or graduate student who has returned to CSUN, after a prolonged break of at least three (3) years, to pursue their education in coordination with raising a family. The scholarship fund was created by Lowell and Marsha Williams to honor, Lowell’s mother, Gertrude White Sievert, who worked and lived near CSU Northridge and who’s grandson graduated from CSUN in computer sciences. Lowell grew up in Tehachapi, California, before attending University of California Santa Barbara, and now lives and works at KPMG LLP in New York.
Please note: Any change to your enrollment status resulting in less than full time enrollment for any term within the award year will result in a cancellation of your award.
- Open to matriculated CSUN undergraduate and graduate students who are returning to CSUN after an absence of three years or more.
- Undergraduate students must have a CSUN GPA of at least 3.0.
- Graduate students must have a CSUN GPA of at least 3.0.
- Must have a FAFSA or California Dream Act application on file for the upcoming academic year.
- Undergraduate students must enroll in 12 units or more during the Fall & Spring terms of the award year.
- Graduate students must enroll in a minimum of 8 units or more during the Fall & Spring terms of the award year.
- Must be able to provide proof of dependent children, if requested.
- Must demonstrate satisfactory progress toward your degree.
- One letter of recommendation must be requested through the my Matador Scholarship system.
- Must upload a copy of your student resume. A student resume is a detailed record of your personal and educational information. It includes the name of your school/college, coursework, projects (if any) undertaken, and awards. The resume may also contain additional information like your extracurricular activities, volunteer experiences, job experiences (if any), hobbies, etc.