MSP Jonathan David Schweid Memorial Scholarship
Funds will be awarded for the 2021-2022 Academic Year.
The Scholarship has been established by the parents of Jonathan David Schweid to honor his memory. Jonathan was a young man of many varied interests. He had boundless energy and pursued his interests with great enthusiasm. He was artistic in the visual and musical arts, and had an unflagging entrepreneurial spirit in both areas.
His relationships with other people ran to the full spectrum from the homeless people he tried to help to his particular fondness of the elderly and small children. He loved artists. He nurtured people’s creativity and always believed in the value of their talent. He was also an animal lover and had a particular fondness for dogs and was involved in many rescue efforts.
Jonathan transferred to CSUN from the Los Angeles Valley College as a Junior but did not graduate from CSUN. At the time of his passing, he was working with his partner who had been diagnosed with AIDS, on the formations of AIDS awareness and education project, specifically on getting support from the entertainment industry.
This scholarship is open to CSUN undergraduate and graduate students who support and participate in AIDS education, awareness, and/or research.
Preference will be given to freshmen students.
Please note: Any change to your enrollment status resulting in less than full time enrollment for any term within the award year will result in a cancellation of your award.
*Open to CSUN students who support and participate in AIDS education, awareness, and/or research.
- Must have a FAFSA or California Dream Act application on file for the upcoming academic year.
- Undergraduate students must have a GPA of at least a 3.0.
- Graduate students must have a GPA of at least a 3.5.
- Undergraduate students must enroll in 12 units or more during the Fall & Spring terms of the award year.
- Graduate students must enroll in a minimum of 6 units (8 units preferred) or more during the Fall & Spring terms of the award year.
- One letter of recommendation must be requested through the my Matador Scholarship system.
- Must upload a copy of your student resume. A student resume is a detailed record of your personal and educational information. It includes the name of your school/college, coursework, projects (if any) undertaken, and awards. The resume may also contain additional information like your extracurricular activities, volunteer experiences, job experiences (if any), hobbies, etc..