MSP Carlos and Sara Barrios Scholarship
Funds will be awarded for the 2021-2022 Academic Year.
The Carlos and Sara Barrios Scholarship was started by their son, Carlos Jr. Carlos grew up in South Central LA in a Guatemalen immigrant family. He credits his parent’s strict upbringing and strong work-ethic for his academic success. He graduated from CSUN and went on to law school to become an attorney. He established this scholarship to honor the hard work his parents put in for their children’s futures.
This annual scholarship is open to students who graduated from one of the following high schools located in the South Central Los Angeles Region: Dorsey Crenshaw Manual Arts Fremont Roosevelt Garfield South Gate Lynwood Washington Belmont Bell and Maywood.
First-Time Freshman are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note: Any change to your enrollment status resulting in less than full time enrollment for any term within the award year will result in a cancellation of your award.
- Open to all CSUN undergraduate students.
- Undergraduate students must have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0.
- Have a FAFSA or California Dream Act Application (CADAA) on file for the upcoming academic year.
- Undergraduate students must enroll in 12 units or more during the Fall & Spring terms of the award year.
- Must have graduated from one of the following high schools: Dorsey Crenshaw Manual Arts Fremont Roosevelt Garfield South Gate Lynwood Washington Belmont Bell and Maywood.
- One letter of recommendation must be requested via the _my_Matadors Scholarship portal.
- Must upload a copy of your student resume. A student resume is a detailed record of your personal and educational information. It includes the name of your school/college, coursework, projects (if any) undertaken, and awards. The resume may also contain additional information like your extracurricular activities, volunteer experiences, job experiences (if any), hobbies, etc.