MSP Mike Mahony Marine Corps Veterans Scholarship
Funds are intended for the 2021-2022 AY
Mike Mahony was a former member of the U.S. Marine Corps and a California State University, Northridge alumnus. He passed away in October 2010. Mike’s widow, Jan Mahony, her family and friends decided to honor his memory and legacy by establishing the Mike Mahony Marine Corps Veteran’s Scholarship.
This scholarship is open to matriculated CSUN students who are active-duty veterans of the United States Marines who, in addition to outstanding service to his or her country, has demonstrated academic aptitude and/or scholarly activity, service to the community or other personal achievements that emulate the consequential life of Mike Mahony.
For more information about Mike Mahony, go to: www.forty-sixers.com/Biographies/Mahony/Mike%20Mahony.htm
*Please note: Any change to your enrollment status resulting in less than full time enrollment for any term within the award year will result in a cancellation of your award. *
- Open to CSUN active-duty veterans of the United States Marines.
- Undergraduate students must enroll in 12 units or more during the Fall & Spring terms of the award year.
- Graduate students must enroll in a minimum of 6 units (8 units preferred) or more during the Fall & Spring terms of the award year.
- Must upload a copy of your Certificate of Release or Discharge From Active Duty (DD-214).
- Two letters of recommendation must be requested via the my Matador Scholarship system.
*One letter must be from an Academic or Military (teacher, coach, or superior officer) source.
*One letter must be from a from a work-based relationship or military source.
- Must upload a copy of your student resume. A student resume is a detailed record of your personal and educational information. It includes the name of your school/college, coursework, projects (if any) undertaken, and awards. The resume may also contain additional information like your extracurricular activities, volunteer experiences, job experiences (if any), hobbies, etc.