MSP David Simmons Scholarship
Funds will be awarded for the 2021-2022 Academic Year.
David Simmons was a man of humble beginnings and high hopes for the future. He believed in education and read every book in his home town library by the time he was twelve years old. David was not able to pursue his college aspirations because he had to help his father run a produce market. Later in life, he moved to California and opened up his own produce market in Culver City. He believed in following your dreams and even though he was never able to pursue higher education, he wanted other students to be able to. By establishing the MSP David Simmons Scholarship, David hopes to support qualifying continuing CSUN undergraduate and graduate students. As you continue on your educational path, consider David’s words: "You Are a Miracle…Act on your Dreams.”
This scholarship is open to matriculated CSUN students pursuing a Bachelor of Science in Marketing, a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, or a Masters of Business Administration with preference given to students majoring in Marketing.
Please note: Any change to your enrollment status resulting in less than full time enrollment for any term within the award year will result in a cancellation of your award.
- Open to undergraduate and graduate students.
- Open to students pursuing a Bachelor of Science in Marketing, a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, or a Masters of Business Administration.
- Undergraduates must have a GPA greater than or equal to a 3.0.
- Graduate students must have a GPA greater than or equal to 3.5.
- Have a FAFSA or California Dream Act Application (CADAA) on file for the upcoming academic year.
- Undergraduate students must enroll in 12 units or more during the Fall & Spring terms of the award year.
- Graduate students must enroll in a minimum of 6 units (8 units preferred) or more during the Fall & Spring terms of the award year.
- One letter of recommendation must be requested through the my Matador Scholarship system.
- Must upload a copy of your student resume. A student resume is a detailed record of your personal and educational information. It includes the name of your school/college, coursework, projects (if any) undertaken, and awards. The resume may also contain additional information like your extracurricular activities, volunteer experiences, job experiences (if any), hobbies, etc.