MSP Gertude White Sievert Scholarship Fund
This Gertude White Sievert Scholarship Fund was established to award an undergraduate or graduate student who has returned to CSUN, after a prolonged break of at least three (3) years, to pursue their education in coordination with raising a family. The scholarship fund was created by Lowell and Marsha Williams to honor, Lowell’s mother, Gertrude White Sievert, who worked and lived near CSU Northridge and who’s grandson graduated from CSUN in computer sciences. Lowell grew up in Tehachapi, California, before attending University of California Santa Barbara, and now lives and works at KPMG LLP in New York.
- Must be an undergraduate or graduate student who is returning to CSUN after an absence of three years or more.
- Undergraduate students must enroll in 12 units or more during each award term – Fall & Spring terms of the upcoming academic year.
- Graduate students must enroll in 8 units or more during each award term – Fall & Spring terms of the upcoming academic year.
- Must have a CSUN GPA greater than or equal to a 3.0.
- Must have a FAFSA or California Dream Act Application on file for the upcoming academic year.
- Must be able to provide proof of dependent children, if requested.
- Must demonstrate satisfactory progress toward your degree.
- Must upload a current student resume/CV.
- Must request one letter of recommendation via the myMatador Scholarships portal..