MSP Reseda Woman's Club Community Scholarship Endowment
The Reseda Woman’s Club Community Scholarship Endowment was created to provide two annual scholarships to be awarded to graduates of Reseda High School and Cleveland High School.
About the Donor:
The Reseda Women’s Club was founded in 1918 and joined the California Federation of Women’s Clubs in 1922. The ladies found an unused 80-by-80-foot building on a poultry farm and had it cut in half and transported to Reseda. It was the beginning of a real estate investment that is still paying dividends in the community. The sale of the club’s building allowed the Reseda Woman’s Club to arrange two $50,000 donations to endow scholarships: one to the Foundation for Pierce College for students of “hands-on” agriculture and veterinary science, and one to the University for its National Center on Deafness. The club also sponsors high school robotics students. This gift perpetuates the Club’s mission to give back and enhance the Reseda Community.
*Preference will be given to Freshman applicants.
- Must be an undergraduate student who graduated from Reseda High School and Cleveland High School.
- Undergraduate students must enroll in up to 12 units or more during each award term – Fall & Spring terms of the upcoming academic year.
- Incoming Freshman must have a High School GPA greater than or equal to a 2.5.
- Continuing students must have a CSUN GPA greater than or equal to a 2.5.
- Must have a FAFSA or California Dream Act Application on file.
- Must demonstrate exceptional leadership and community service.
- Must upload a student resume/CV.
- Must submit two letters of recommendation, one letter of recommendation must be from a either teacher, professor, counselor, or community leader, who can attest to the candidate’s leadership ability and advocacy work.