MSP Katherine M. Champlin Scholarship
Katherine M Champlin dedicated her life to education before she retired from the Los Angeles School System as a principal in one of the San Fernando elementary schools. She had a Master’s Degree from UCLA but took post-graduate work at California State University, Northridge. She was so favorably impressed with this fine university that she left a scholarship fund in her will to assist deserving students in the field of education.
Must be enrolled in the College of Education in a teacher credential program during the Fall & Spring terms of the award year.
Please note: Any change to your enrollment status resulting in less than required enrollment for any term within the award year will result in a cancellation of your award.
- Must have a GPA of at least 3.0
- Must have a FAFSA or California Dream Act Application on file for the upcoming academic year.
- Credential students must enroll in 6 units or more during each award term – Fall & Spring terms of the upcoming academic year.
- One letter of recommendation must be requested through the my Matador Scholarship system. Recommender will submit their letter through this system.
- Must upload a copy of your student resume. A student resume is a detailed record of your personal and educational information. It includes the name of your school/college, coursework, projects (if any) undertaken, and awards. The resume may also contain additional information like your extracurricular activities, volunteer experiences, job experiences (if any), hobbies, etc.