MSP Robert B. and Linda S. Axel Scholarship Endowment
About the Donor:
Robert (College of Business and Economics ’64) and Linda (College of Education ’65) met while attending California State University, Northridge. As CSUN represents much in their personal history, they are creating a scholarship endowment. Bob spent 37 years as a Superior Court Judge for Los Angeles Superior Court. Linda taught and ultimately ended up being introduced to the industry. They have two children and five grandchildren. They are still close with friends from their CSUN days. Through the Robert B. and Linda S. Scholarship Endowment, Robert and Linda, wish to provide scholarships to students who demonstrate financial need.
- Must submit a FAFSA or California Dream Act Application for the current and upcoming academic year.
- Undergraduate students must enroll in 12 units or more during each award term – Fall & Spring terms of the upcoming academic year.
- Graduate students must enroll in 6 units or more during each award term – Fall & Spring terms of the upcoming academic year.
- Must demonstrate involvement and leadership in off/on campus community service and/or extracurricular activities.
- Undergraduate students must have a GPA greater than or equal to a 3.0.
- Graduate students must have a GPA greater than or equal to a 3.5.
- Must request (1) letter of recommendation via the _my_Matador Scholarship portal.
- Must submit a CV/student resume.
- Must submit a letter of gratitude if selected as an award recipient.
- One scholarship will be awarded to a student in the Michael D. Eisner College of Education.
- One scholarship will be awarded to a student in the David Nazarian College of Business and Economics.
- Supplemental Questions
- I have completed and submitted a FAFSA or California Dream Act Application for the current and upcoming academic year.
- Briefly describe your extracurricular activities on campus:
- Describe your off/on campus community service involvment and/or leadership experience:
- What does it mean to be a CSUN Matador? How do you uphold these traits and/or values?
- Please upload: A copy of your resume/CV (Please review help text)
- [MSP 1] Please request: A letter of recommendation from a teacher, professor, counselor, or community leader - who can attest to your meritorious performance and personal strengths and can assess your potential for academic and career success. The letter should include a signature, title, and contact information. The letter should be addressed to: *Award Selection Committee*.
- Show 1 more