Michael Ruvo and Stephen M. Lachs Scholarship
The Michael Ruvo and Stephen M. Lachs Scholarship will support students who have demonstrated leadership and support for the Lesbian, Gay, Bi sexual, Transgender, Queer+ (LGBTQ+) communities.The scholarship will be awarded to students enrolled at CSUN in any academic discipline. Students must have demonstrated financial need, be in good academic standing, and have a commitment or involvement in organizations, programs, or initiatives that promote diversity, inclusion, and the rights of LGBTQ+ individuals. Further, the award recipients must demonstrate leadership, scholastic achievement, and participation in extracurricular activities
About the Donor: Michael Ruvo received his Bachelor of Arts degree in Journalism in 1980. He currently has his own firm which markets and represents artisans and manufacturers from around the world. He works with designers, boutiques, architects, hotels and restaurants. The Honorable Stephen M. Lachs was the first openly gay judge in the United States. He was appointed in 1979 by then-Governor Jerry Brown. Together, Mr. Ruvo and Judge Lachs are deeply committed to the rights of the LGBTQ+ community with a special interest in its youth.
Please note: Any change to your enrollment status resulting in less than full time enrollment for any term within the award year will result in a cancellation of your award.
- Must be a CSUN Undergraduate or Graduate student planning to enroll in both Fall & Spring terms of the upcoming academic year.
GPA must be greater than or equal to a 2.0 and must be in good academic standing
- Must have a FAFSA or California Dream Act application on file for the upcoming academic year.
- Must have a commitment or involvement in organizations, programs, or initiatives that promote diversity, inclusion, and the rights of the LGBTQ+ community.
- Must request one letter of recommendation via the _my_Matador Scholarships portal.
- Must upload a copy of your student resume. A student resume is a detailed record of your personal and educational information. It includes the name of your school/college, coursework, projects (if any) undertaken, and awards. The resume may also contain additional information like your extracurricular activities, volunteer experiences, job experiences (if any), hobbies, etc.