Gilbert and Jackie Cisneros Foundation Scholarship in Science and Mathematics
(Fall 2020 Award) The Gilbert and Jackie Cisneros Foundation Scholarship in Science and Mathematics was created to support a full-time first-time freshman in good standing enrolled in the College of Science and Mathematics.
The award is named after Gilbert and Jacki Cisneros in recognition of their long-standing commitment to supporting undergraduate education in Hispanic-Serving Institutions.
- Must be enrolled in a degree program in the College of Science and Mathematics.
- Must be a current CSUN full-time first-time freshman enrolled in (12 units or more) in good standing enrolled for the Spring 2020 term.
- Recipient must enroll as a CSUN student for the Fall 2020 term in order to receive the award.
- Must have a cumulative GPA greater than or equal to a 3.0.
- Must request (2) letters of recommendation via the myMatador Scholarships Portal.
- Must have a current FAFSA or California Dream Act Application on file.
- Must upload a copy of unofficial CSUN transcripts.
*The scholarship funds will be applied in the fall semester of the following academic year, provided that the student maintains full-time enrollment for that fall semester.
*Preference will be given to students who come from disadvantaged economic and/or educational backgrounds.
*Opportunity is open to students from any department in the College of Science and Mathematics.
Note: If you are receiving financial aid (including loans), your financial aid award may be adjusted if you receive this scholarship. Please speak to a financial aid counselor during walk-in hours to get a detailed overview about your individual situation.
*If selected as the scholarship recipient, I agree to write a thank-you letter to the donor(s) and be willing to meet with the donor(s) or designee(s).
*Please contact Sonia Martinez at email@example.com should you have any questions regarding this scholarship opportunity.