Robert Nolan Scholarship
(2019-2020 Academic Year Award) Fall 2019 graduates are welcome to apply. The Robert Nolan Scholarship was created to support students (graduate or undergraduate) demonstrating strong academic performance and plans to go on to dental or medical school.
Robert Nolan graduated from CSUN in 1977 with a Bachelor of Science degree in biology and went on to earn his D.D.S. degree in 1982 at the UCLA School of Dentistry. He established his dental practice in Playa del Rey immediately following graduation, focusing on cosmetic dentistry and patients who suffer from dental phobia. Dr. Nolan was a member of the Academy of General Dentistry, and a guest lecturer at the UCLA School of Dentistry on numerous occasions. At the same time that he was building his dental practice, Dr. Nolan began to invest in property on the Westside of Los Angeles and since then has acquired an extensive real estate portfolio. Eventually he gave up his dental practice to devote himself full-time to buying, selling and managing apartment buildings, duplexes and homes with his former dental office partner who is now his business partner. In tribute to his love of dentistry and a desire to help CSUN students achieve their professional goals as he did, Dr. Nolan established the Robert Nolan Scholarship Endowment in the College of Science and Mathematics. Its purpose is to provide Robert Nolan Scholarships in perpetuity to undergraduate and graduate students who have strong academic performance and plans to attend dental or medical school.
*Open to applicants from any department in the College of Science and Math.
- Must be an undergraduate or graduate student enrolled at CSUN for any part of the 2019-2020 academic year.
- Must be high-achieving undergraduates or graduate students whose goal is to attend medical or dental school.
- Must upload a copy of unofficial CSUN transcripts.
- Must complete a Personal Statement which would include the applicant’s background, academic major, significant experiences at CSUN, and future goals in the dental or
- Must request 2 letters of recommendation from CSUN faculty members, which highlight the student’s strong academic performance in his/her chosen field.
Note: If you are receiving financial aid (including loans), your financial aid award may be adjusted if you receive this scholarship. Please speak to a financial aid counselor during walk-in hours to get a detailed overview about your individual situation.
*If selected as the scholarship recipient, I agree to write a thank-you letter to the donor(s) and be willing to meet with the donor(s) or designee(s).
*Please contact Sonia Martinez at email@example.com should you have any questions regarding this scholarship opportunity.