Donald E. Bianchi Outstanding Graduate Student Award
(2019-2020 Academic Year Award) Fall 2019 graduates are welcome to apply. The Donald E. Bianchi Outstanding Graduate Student Award was created to support a graduate student who demonstrates exemplary academic performance, extensive involvement in research and financial need.
The award is named for Donald E. Bianchi, the founding Dean of the College of Science and Mathematics. It honors his commitment to scholarship and research and their relationship to education.
*This opportunity is open to all graduate students from any department in the College of Science and Math.
- Must be a graduate student enrolled at CSUN for any part of the 2019-2020 academic year.
- Must be a graduate student within any department in the College of Science & Math to apply.
- Must have a GPA greater than or equal to a 3.5
- Must show promise in science exemplified by significant academic and research accomplishments.
- Must demonstrates exemplary academic performance, extensive involvement in research and financial need.
- Must have a current FAFSA or California Dream Act Application on file.
- Must upload a copy of unofficial CSUN transcripts.
- Must request 2 letters of recommendation from CSUN faculty members, highlighting applicant’s research accomplishments.
- Opportunity is open to students from any department in the College of Science and Mathematics*
Candidates will be considered based on their involvement and achievement in research, which may include: * activities in research that lead to results/data for publication
- activities in research that lead to presentations of their research at regional, national and/or international meetings.
Note: If you are receiving financial aid (including loans), your financial aid award may be adjusted if you receive this scholarship. Please speak to a financial aid counselor during walk-in hours to get a detailed overview about your individual situation.
*If selected as the scholarship recipient, I agree to write a thank-you letter to the donor(s) and be willing to meet with the donor(s) or designee(s).
*Please contact Sonia Martinez at email@example.com should you have any questions regarding this scholarship opportunity.