Nathan O. Freedman Memorial Award for Outstanding Graduate Student
(2019-2020 Academic Year Award) This annual award is presented to an outstanding graduate student who has completed or will be completing degree requirements by May 22, 2020. The determining factors for the award are based on a record of distinguished scholarship, a minimum GPA of 3.5, two letters of recommendation, and contributions to the field. The award recipient will receive $3,000.00 and will be announced at Honors Convocation.
Award is intended for the 2019-2020 academic year.
Award Amount: $3,000.00
- Students must have been enrolled in a CSUN Master’s or Doctoral program during the Fall 2019 and/or Spring 2020 terms.
- Graduate CSUN GPA must be greater than or equal to 3.50.
- Applicants must have completion of graduate degree requirements during Fall 2019 or Spring 2020 terms.
- Applicants enrolled in a credential or certificate programs will not be considered.
- Students of all disciplines are welcome and encouraged to apply.
- Applicants must show a record of distinguished scholarship and contributions to the field.
- Applicants must upload a Resume/Curriculum Vitae (2 pages maximum).
- Applicants must upload Essay response via a word document (4 pages maximum, double-spaced).
- Two required letters of recommendation must be submitted by CSUN Faculty members via my Matador Scholarships.
Selected recipients MUST attend the Honors Convocation Ceremony on Saturday, May 9th, 2020 to receive the award.
For more information or questions regarding this opportunity, please contact:
Gloria Rocklin or Amy Levin @
California State university Northridge