MSP James R. Simpson Merit Scholarship
James R. Simpson was a long-time resident of Encino California. He was the kind of person who, if he heard on the radio or television that someone was in distress, would send them a check. He gave privately to the work of youth groups and had a very strong concern for worthy hardworking students who had been acheivers throughout school and for whom college education was very important. When he died, his wife, Parnell Simpson made a donation to a scholarship endowment in his name. This scholarship is reserved for continuing full-time students with a 3.50 or above cumulative GPA.
Please note: Any change to your enrollment status resulting in less than full time enrollment for any term within the award year will result in a cancellation of your award.
- Applicants must have a GPA of at least 3.5
- Must have a FAFSA or California Dream Act application on file for the upcoming academic year.
- Undergraduate students must enroll in 12 units or more during the Fall & Spring terms of the award year.
- Graduate students must enroll in 6 units or more during the Fall & Spring terms of the award year.
- Two letters of recommendation must be requested through the my Matador Scholarship system. Recommenders will submit their letters through this system.
- Must upload a copy of your student resume. A student resume is a detailed record of your personal and educational information. It includes the name of your school/college, coursework, projects (if any) undertaken, and awards. The resume may also contain additional information like your extracurricular activities, volunteer experiences, job experiences (if any), hobbies, etc.