Associated Students Dr. Terry Piper Memorial Scholarship
The Associated Students is the primary advocate for students at California State University, Northridge and provides excellent, meaningful programs and services designed to create and enhance a spirited, learning-focused campus environment.
The Associated Students at California State University, Northridge established the Dr. Terry Piper Memorial Scholarship to honor Dr. Terry D. Piper who joined the California State University Northridge community in January of 2001 as the Vice President of Student Affairs. During his tenure he worked with the Division of Student Affairs to bring it up to date with the most current practices. His progressive approach prioritized student learning and aligned the division with the University’s instructional mission. The CSUN community has greatly benefited from his time spent on campus. Dr. Piper passed away on Thursday May 13, 2010. His inspirational leadership and work at CSUN will continue to motivate students to pursue a career in Higher Education and Student Affairs. The Associated Students applauds Dr. Piper’s career here at California State University, Northridge and will award a scholarship in his honor to a student completing a graduate degree within the Department of Educational Psychology and Counseling.
This scholarship is open to continuing CSUN graduate students.
Please note: Any change to your enrollment status resulting in less than full time enrollment for any term within the award year will result in a cancellation of your award.
- Must have a GPA of at least 3.5.
- Must have a FAFSA or California Dream Act application on file for the upcoming academic year.
- Graduate students must enroll in 6 units or more during the Fall & Spring terms of the award year.
- Two letters of recommendation must be requested through the my Matador Scholarship system. Recommenders will submit their letters through this system.
- Must upload a copy of your student resume. A student resume is a detailed record of your personal and educational information. It includes the name of your school/college, coursework, projects (if any) undertaken, and awards. The resume may also contain additional information like your extracurricular activities, volunteer experiences, job experiences (if any), hobbies, etc.