MSP Phi Delta Epsilon Pre-Medical Student Scholarship Fund
(Current Academic Year Opportunity) The Phi Delta Epsilon Pre-Medical Student Scholarship Fund will provide annual scholarship awards to students who are current members of the CA Theta Chapter of Phi Delta Epsilon Co-Ed International Medical Fraternity at CSUN, and who have served or are currently serving as a committee chairperson and /or an executive board member.
About the Donor:
Dr. Diana Naderi was part of the founding class of Phi Delta Epsilon’s CA Theta Chapter at California State University, Northridge in 2007 and graduated summa cum laude in 2010 with a degree in Cell and Molecular Biology. She was the Outstanding Graduating Senior of the Biology Department and one of the four University-wide Outstanding Graduating Seniors. She was also a recipient of the CSUN First – time Freshman Scholarship and was a three-time University Scholar. She participated in research under Dr. Randy Cohen and Dr. Steven Oppenheimer. Dr. Naderi was quite active at CSUN, having been involved in the CSUN Forensics Team, Chemistry and Biochemistry Club, Iranian Student Association, and University Ambassadors, but her greatest passion has always been Phi Delta Epsilon, which has inspired her to start this scholarship. She graduated from Chicago Medical School (CMS) at the Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science in June 2014. Dr. Naderi completed her residency in Family Medicine at Northridge Hospital Medical Center in June 2017 and was one of the Chief Residents. With the support of nominations from 6 different PhiDE chapters, Dr. Naderi became the 2014 recipient of the Shipley Glick Outstanding Medical Student award. She has provided suturing workshops and premedical enrichment presentations to Phi Delta Epsilon chapters at CSUN, UCLA, UCI, and Northwestern and enjoys serving as a mentor to premedical students. Dr. Naderi plans to pursue a career in primary care within an academic setting, emphasizing on her passion of palliative medicine, while continuing her role as Graduate Advisor for CA Theta at CSUN.
*Please note: Any change to your enrollment status resulting in less than full time enrollment for any term within the award year will result in a cancellation of your award. *
- Be a current member of Phi Delta Epsilon CA Theta, who has served or are currently serving as a committee chairperson and/or an executive board member.
- Undergraduate students must enroll in 12 units or more during the Fall & Spring terms of the award year.
- Must have a FAFSA or California Dream Act application on file for the upcoming academic year.
- Undergraduate students must have a 3.4 GPA or higher
- Must request (2) letters of recommendation via myMatador Scholarships: Letters must be requested from CSUN Faculty members
- Demonstrate scholastic achievement, exceptional leadership and participation in community service
- Submit a resume/CV