MSP James Russell Simpson/ Student Scholarship
James R. Simpson was a long-time resident of Encino California. He was the kind of person who, if he heard on the radio or television that someone was in distress, would send them a check. He gave privately to the work of youth groups and had a very strong concern for worthy hardworking students who had been achievers throughout school and for whom college education was very important. When he died, his wife, Parnell Simpson made a donation to a scholarship endowment in his name.This scholarship is reserved for students who have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above. First-time freshman undergraduate students entering their first semester this upcoming academic year are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note: Any change to your enrollment status resulting in less than full time enrollment for any term within the award year will result in a cancellation of your award.
First-Time Freshman are highly encouraged to apply
- Applicants must have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0.
- Must have a FAFSA or California Dream Act application on file for the upcoming academic year.
- Undergraduate students must enroll in 12 units or more during the Fall & Spring terms of the award year.
- Graduate students must enroll in 6 units or more during the Fall & Spring terms of the award year.
- One letter of recommendation must be requested through the my Matador Scholarship system. Recommender will submit their letter through this system.
- Must upload a copy of your student resume. A student resume is a detailed record of your personal and educational information. It includes the name of your school/college, coursework, projects (if any) undertaken, and awards. The resume may also contain additional information like your extracurricular activities, volunteer experiences, job experiences (if any), hobbies, etc.