Outstanding Graduating Veteran Award
The California State University, Northridge Outstanding Graduating Veteran Award is given to a student demonstrating meritorious achievement, strength of character, and commitment to service. The award recognizes an extraordinary student, one who has overcome challenges in reaching this academic milestone. The award is entirely funded by public contribution, and expresses the gratitude of the Cal State Northridge community.
Any student receiving a degree from Cal State Northridge who is currently or has formally been placed on active duty as a member of the United State Armed forces: The Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, Coast Guard (or in an auxiliary service of one of those branches), or the Reserve or National Guard.
- Demonstrate an excellence of an artistic , creative or athletic nature, or display of unusual leadership ability or community service.
- Have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or better on all coursework through the fall semester preceding the award.
- Must be a degree candidate or recipient within the current year.
- Applicants must graduate in Fall 2019, Spring 2020 or Summer 2020 and have an official graduation date on file with Admissions and Records to qualify for this award.
- Two letters of recommendation must be submitted on my behalf (at least one must be authored by a California State University Northridge faculty or staff member).
- Submit a copy of your official or unofficial transcript
- A personal interview may be required
- Undergraduate students must enroll in 12 units or more
- Graduate students must enroll in 6 units or more
- Must submit an educational resume.