Associated Students Scholarship in Recognition of Tom Piernik
Tom Piernik was named the Director of Involvement Development in 2013 and served as the University Advisor to the Associated Students Senate for 23 years. During his leadership on campus the New Student Orientation program TAKE program and the Matador Involvement Center were developed. The Associated Students applauds Tom Piernik’s services at California State University, Northridge by creating this scholarship in his honor.
This scholarship is reserved for first-generation college students. Special consideration will be given to current or past members of TAKE and New Student Orientation. This scholarship is open to continuing CSUN students.
Please note: Any change to your enrollment status resulting in less than full time enrollment for any term within the award year will result in a cancellation of your award.
- One letter of recommendation must be requested through the my Matador Scholarship system. Recommender will submit their letter through this system.
- Undergraduate students must enroll in 12 units or more during each award term – Fall & Spring terms of the upcoming academic year.
- Graduate students must enroll in 6 units or more during each award term – Fall & Spring terms of the upcoming academic year.
- Must have a FAFSA or California Dream Act application on file for the upcoming academic year.
- Must upload a copy of your student resume. A student resume is a detailed record of your personal and educational information. It includes the name of your school/college, coursework, projects (if any) undertaken, and awards. The resume may also contain additional information like your extracurricular activities, volunteer experiences, job experiences (if any), hobbies, etc.