DRES Jane Small Scholarship for Advocates for People with Disabilities
(Current Academic Year Opportunity) This scholarship is created in memory of Jane Small (1930-1999) who was a regionally and nationally recognized advocate for citizens with disabilities. Created by her son and daughter-in-law, Jack Goetz and Jennifer Kalfsbeek-Goetz, this scholarship is intended to support CSUN students who has demonstrated a commitment to improve the lives of those with disabilities.
Qualified applicants will be screened base on demonstrated financial need and meeting the minimal academic standards. The preferred candidate will have demonstrated a commitment-through volunteer, work or advocacy activities – for the betterment of people with disabilities. Preference will be given to those involved in advocacy projects that support the employability or vocational opportunities for people with disabilities.
The following information is also required for consideration:
- Two letters of recommendation will be submitted on my behalf.
- Undergraduate students must enroll in 6 units or more during the Fall & Spring terms.
- Graduate students must enroll in 4 units or more during the Fall & Spring terms.
- Incoming freshmen undergraduate students must have a High School GPA of 3.50 or higher
- Continuing undergraduate students must have a CSUN GPA of 3.00 or higher through the Fall term.
- Graduate students must have a GRAD CSUN GPA of 3.00 or higher through the Fall term.
- All majors are welcome to apply.
- Awardees must be available to attend the Recognition Awards Ceremony on Sunday, April 26, 2020 @ The Northridge Center in the USU from 1 to 4 p.m.
Please contact the DRES Office at email@example.com should you have questions regarding this scholarship opportunity.