MSP Jamie Karl Cohen Memorial Endowment
The Jamie Karl Cohen Memorial Endowment was established by Jamie’s close friend to assists students in financing their education. Jamie graduated from CSUN in 1977. The Scholarship was created keeping in mind the concern that a university education is far more expensive now than it was then. This scholarship is reserved for applicants who are pursuing a degree through the College of Social and Behavioral Sciences, College of Arts, Media & Communication, or College of Humanities, AND who wish to become a teacher.
Please note: Any change to your enrollment status resulting in less than full time enrollment for any term within the award year will result in a cancellation of your award.
- Applicant must be pursuing a degree through the College of Social and Behavioral Sciences, College of Arts Media & Communication, or College of Humanities AND wish to become a teacher.
- Undergraduates must have a GPA of at least 3.0.
- Graduate students must have a GPA of at least 3.5
- Must have a FAFSA or California Dream Act application on file for the upcoming academic year.
- Undergraduate students must enroll in 12 units or more during each award term – Fall & Spring terms of the upcoming academic year.
- Graduate students must enroll in 6 units or more during each award term – Fall & Spring terms of the upcoming academic year.
- One letter of recommendation must be requested through the my Matador Scholarship system. Recommender will submit their letter through this system.
- Must upload a copy of your student resume. A student resume is a detailed record of your personal and educational information. It includes the name of your school/college, coursework, projects (if any) undertaken, and awards. The resume may also contain additional information like your extracurricular activities, volunteer experiences, job experiences (if any), hobbies, etc.