MSP Leonard and Bernard Shapiro Scholarship
Leonard and Bernard Shapiro were brothers who managed Familian Corp., a plumbing and heating supplies distributor located in the San Fernando Valley. Under their management, the firm grew to be considered a major company in the late 1980s. The brothers established this scholarship to support students interested in pursing a career in wholesale distribution.
This scholarship is reserved for undergraduate students majoring in Marketing with a preference for students interested in the wholesale distribution industry.
Please note: Any change to your enrollment status resulting in less than full time enrollment for any term within the award year will result in a cancellation of your award.
- Must have a GPA of at least 3.0
- Must have a FAFSA or California Dream Act application on file for the upcoming academic year.
- Undergraduate students must enroll in 12 units or more during each award term – Fall & Spring terms of the upcoming academic year.
- One letter of recommendation will be submitted on my behalf via the my Matador Scholarship portal.
- Must upload a copy of your student resume. A student resume is a detailed record of your personal and educational information. It includes the name of your school/college, coursework, projects (if any) undertaken, and awards. The resume may also contain additional information like your extracurricular activities, volunteer experiences, job experiences (if any), hobbies, etc.