CSU Richard K. Leffingwell Scholarship
After graduating with a bachelor’s of science degree from CSU Northridge, and serving as an officer in the US Army, Richard Leffingwell joined the CSU’s Chancellor’s Office as a member of the trustees’ audit staff. He directed the CSU’s self-supporting financing activities, and later became the Director of Financing and Treasury. Richard worked with trustees, campuses, and the municipal financing community to establish viable systems for financing non-state projects at the 23 CSU campuses before retiring in 2004. This scholarship reflects his admiration for the university’s commitment to provide opportunities to foster the next generation of students who wish to be instrumental in serving the public.
- Have a course of study within the fields of business, economics or other disciplines that will serve the applicant in achieving goals relating to nonprofit or public service.
- Have demonstrated an interest in and aspire to a career in nonprofit or public service.
- Demonstrate a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale and be in good academic standing.
- Demonstrate financial need as determined by a completed FAFSA or California Dream Act application.
- Be currently enrolled as a full-time equivalent upper division or graduate student at California State University Northridge and must remain a full-time equivalent student during the scholarship period.
- Undergraduate student applicants must have at least 70 units completed to qualify for this award.
- Undergraduate students must enroll in 12 units or more during the Fall 2020 & Spring 2021 terms.
- Graduate students must enroll in 8 units or more during the Fall 2020 & Spring 2021 terms.
- All students must submit a CSU Systemwide Scholarship Applicant Information Form via the my Matador Scholarships portal..
All students meeting the above requirements are encouraged to apply. A student who is a military veteran, meets the criteria, and is otherwise equal to others in qualifications, will receive favorable consideration.
The CSU Systemwide Scholarship Applicant Information Form can be found via the following link: https://www.csun.edu/financialaid/csu-foundation. Complete the fillable PDF, save your information, and upload a copy of your completed form to this application.
For more information on this and other CSU Systemwide scholarships, please visit https://www.csun.edu/financialaid/csu-foundation