Associated Students Bruce Lawrence Schentes Memorial Scholarship
The Associated Students is the primary advocate for students at California State University, Northridge and provides excellent, meaningful programs and services designed to create and enhance a spirited, learning-focused campus environment.
In 1990, the Associated Students of California State University, Northridge established the Bruce Lawrence Schentes Memorial Scholarship for juniors, seniors, and graduate students who demonstrate involvement in AIDS education and/or research. This scholarship is in honor of Bruce Lawrence Schentes, Director of the AIDS Speakers Bureau, an advocate dedicated to AIDS education.
This scholarship is open to continuing CSUN students.
Please note: Any change to your enrollment status resulting in less than full time enrollment for any term within the award year will result in a cancellation of your award.
- Undergraduate students must have a GPA of at least 3.0
- Graduate students must have a GPA of at least 3.5
- Must have a FAFSA or California Dream Act application on file for the upcoming academic year.
- Undergraduate students must enroll in 12 units or more during each award term – Fall & Spring terms of the upcoming academic year.
- Graduate students must enroll in 6 units or more during each award term – Fall & Spring terms of the upcoming academic year.
- Two letters of recommendation must be requested through the my Matador Scholarship system.
- Must upload a copy of your student resume. A student resume is a detailed record of your personal and educational information. It includes the name of your school/college, coursework, projects (if any) undertaken, and awards. The resume may also contain additional information like your extracurricular activities, volunteer experiences, job experiences (if any), hobbies, etc.