Barbara Ann Ward Annual Scholarship for Spanish Studies
This scholarship is designed to recognize students majoring/minoring in Spanish or, in the case of Graduate students, have been officially accepted to the M.A. Program in Spanish at the MCLL Dept.. All eligible students are encouraged to apply for the Barbara Ann Ward (BA Spanish ’67) Scholarship. Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of the importance of Spanish language acquisition to future goals.
For more information, please contact Dr. Adrián Pérez Boluda at firstname.lastname@example.org or (818) 677-3467
- Two letters of recommendation are required for this scholarship. Transfer students may provide their letters from the Spanish faculty of their previous institution.
- Be majoring or minoring in Spanish or completing their M.A. Program in Spanish at the MCLL Dept.
- Graduate students must enroll in at least 6 units during each term of the upcoming academic year.
- Undergraduate students must enroll in at least 6 units in any Spanish Program (major or minor) during the upcoming academic year.
- Graduate students must have a minimum 3.20 cumulative GPA.
- Graduate students starting the M.A. Program must have a minimum of 3.20 cumulative GPA in their B.A.
- Undergraduate students must have a minimum 2.75 cumulative GPA.
- Undergraduate students must have completed at least 12 units at CSUN.
- All applicants must have a FAFSA or CA Dream Act application on file.
- Please request two letters of recommendation via the myMatador Scholarship portal.( Current CSUN students must request letters of recommendation from CSUN Faculty members (Transfer students may provide two letters from Spanish faculty of previous institution).*Please refer to help text below*
- Must upload a copy of Degree Progress Report (DPR).
Due to the current world issues with COVID-19 we understand that you may not be able to obtain letters of recommendation. If you feel that you are not able to request letters of recommendation, then please complete the text box within your application that will request the following: Reference contact information for two recommenders including name, academic/professional affiliation, telephone number and email address.